This tranquil three-acre site along Lake Michigan was originally designed by Jens Jensen in 1929. The client, inspired by a tour of French chateau gardens, approached Hoerr Schaudt to create their own special formal garden in place of an overgrown and tired cutting garden. The new design features a magnificent French fountain, a framework of serpentine boxwood hedges, and lavish plantings. The central axis is framed by ornamental iron arbors covered with climbing pink roses and mandevillas above an undulating gravel path. The garden is anchored on one end by the fountain and on the other by a pair of massive, bronze urns planted with 7-foot rare myrtle topiaries. The garden has been featured many times in the National Garden Conservancy's Open Days Tour.